Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Ok, so my intent to post a minimum of once a month flopped terribly in March. And now on to April...


There has been a lot happening for my writing recently, and I'm so happy about it. I got the very rough first draft written for another short story, subbed a story to Harlquin, a short story to a magazine, and another full to an agent. Well, I'm still waiting for a response from Harlequin and the magazine, but the agent requested a partial of the manuscript. I was beyond thrilled to get her email. Of course we all believe out writing is the best out there...I mean come on, we're authors, and in order to survive the business you have to believe your work is great--at least in public. When you're alone talking with crit partners you can let your guard down and say it's garbage. :) However, I honestly feel really good about the story I subbed to the agent. Hopefully she'll enjoy it as well as my crit partners did, and she'll request the full. Keep your fingers crossed for me.


In the meantime, I'm working on the second draft for my short story, because I've promised it to my editor, and I am really behind. And then I'll pretty up the full.


Hopefully I'll get back on schedule to blogging, and will eventually update the layout.


Happy writing!

No comments: