Friday, January 16, 2009

Blasts from the Past...


Over the past two weeks I've reconnected with people from my youth. One of whom I haven't spoken to in probably 15 years. One of those friends was in Las Vegas this week, and we hooked up last night. We went out to eat and hung out for a bit. It was a great reconnection. Of course my poor hubby had to sit between two girls chatting for several hours, but he was a good sport about it.

Sadly, I don't have much writing news. I've got a few goals for the new year pertaining to writing. I have one short I need to finish writing for TWRP's Sweetheart line, and I really want to finish the first draft of full length (100,000 word) novel by the end of the year. I figure first draft is a doable goal. My friend and crit partner pointed me to a magazine that publishes romance stories of 3000 - 5000 words. I have a completed story that needs tweaked, but I'm going to submit the story to them in hopes they like the story. They pay a flat fee and I'd get copies of the magazine. Anyway to get my name out there is good, so why not? I'm praying hard, and keeping my fingers crossed that they like the story.

I'll keep you all posted.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: