Friday, June 26, 2009

Updates:

Well, I heard from the agent, and received a polite rejection. She didn't give negative feedback, just said she didn't connect with my writing. Not happy with the rejection, but at least she didn't tell me to not quit the day job. After I received the rejection I went back and re-read the first three chapters. See, as an editor, I know what I mean when I say I don't connect with someone's writing. I mean the story isn't all that spectacular, but we don't want to thoroughly crush someone's dreams. We aren't Simon Cowell after all.


So after re-reading I could see why she didn't connect with it. Funny how I missed it during edits. I am now in the process of rewriting the story. I only wish I could resub to the same agent so I could redeem myself. Maybe I'll attempt to do so with a different story.


It's coming up on July 4, and The Wild Rose Press is closed for a week...well the bookstore will be open and new releases will be going out, but the editors have been given a week off. I am going to take advantage of the week and see if I can't knock out a few chapters for either the revisions or my young adult romance.


Have a happy Fourth of July!!!

No comments: