Friday, September 26, 2008

Terror of terrors...

I am supposed to enter a synopsis in a contest, with a deadline of October 1. Ugh! The problem isn't that the synopsis isn't written yet. No, the problem is sheer terror.

What if they totally hate the synopsis? What if they tell me my writing is pure filth? What if I don't win the contest, does that mean I'll never get published?

Now I take a deep breath...in...out...nice and slow. Ahhh, feel bettter? Nope. :)

Seriously, I know the contest is good experience, and I need to get my name out there. Synopsises are necessary to getting published, and writing them is not my strong point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the comments made by the judges are constructive, to help me strengthen the synopsis.

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: