Thursday, August 21, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

I'm very happy to say I've been remissing in posting because I have been busy with writing projects...and work...and life. My hubby and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in January, and I wanted to post then, but time just got away from me. I can't believe we are almost at the end of August already. Classes start Monday for me, as I am still plugging away at duel degrees. I know I've got a ton of classes left before I actually achieve those degrees, but at least I'm working on them. :) If I had listened to my parents in 1995 and stayed in school I would already have graduated and would probably be working on my Masters now. Ah well, you live and learn, right?


So, in my writing life, I've just finished edits on two short stories for The Wild Rose Press. Fearless Heart (Yellow Rose) will release on October 22, and Kiss Me By Moonlight has yet to be given a release date, but should be released by the end of the year. In addition to those two stories, my story Seeing Double: Book 5 of the Celtic Broach Legacy will be included in an anthology, which is 12 stories by 12 different authors. This will be my first time in print, and I've got to tell you, I'm pretty stoked. As soon as I get that cover I'll post it.


In the mean time, here are my two newest covers and a little about the stories.






FEARLESS HEART

BLURB:
Miranda Hansen has been in love with Luke Dannon since the first time she visited the Lazy D Ranch. For the past fifteen years, she kept coming back, trying to find the courage to confess her feelings and prove she’s not the typical tourists he distrusts. This time, she’s not backing down. She’s going to prove to Luke she belongs on the Lazy D with him. Will her fearless heart prevail or will Luke’s pride destroy all she’s ever dreamed about?

EXCERPT:
Miranda eyed the animal, her eyes level with the top of his back. “Don’t you have one a little shorter?” It was the same scene played out every year. She had been riding horses her entire life, but each time she pretended to be a helpless female Luke puffed up and preened like a peacock, and if it gave her a few extra minutes with Luke, she was happy to play along.

He gave a baritone chuckle. “Don’t worry darlin’. Junior’s almost as gentle as I am.” He winked a vivid blue eye and patted the saddle. “Put one foot in this stirrup, and I’ll help you up.”

The thought of how he was going to help her—one hand over hers and the other planted firmly on her backside—sent shivers down her spine. But still, she did as instructed, and in a moment she was settled bareback on Junior.

Luke, with effortless grace, swung himself up on his black stallion. He sat tall and proud, yet relaxed in the saddle.

If he didn’t acknowledge his affections this afternoon, this would be the last summer she’d visit the ranch. She’d start a new job, a new life. Miranda came to the ranch, to him, straight from graduating top of her class in veterinary with a prosperous job offer—the dream job for any vet. But before she accepted the offer she needed once more chance to convince Luke they belonged together. When it came to loving him she was fearless, and to get through his thick head, she was going to have to take drastic measures—including give up her dream job to be with him.





KISS ME BY MOONLIGHT

BLURB:
Lindsey Carter thought she’d found her Prince Charming in Brandon Thompson. When he pulls a vanishing act after their first date, her prince becomes a frog. However, Fate steps in. At a weekend conference, she gets a second chance to find out if Brandon’s a shining knight or a real croaker. Will playing hard to get earn her a victory in love, or will she be left seeing green?

EXCERPT:
It’d only been one date, one dinner, and one kiss. One knock-your-socks-off kiss she couldn’t forget.

Lindsey pushed the button for diet soda, bent over and retrieved the can. So far, so good. She turned on her heel and strode purposefully back toward her friends. Brandon, she tried not to notice, was now standing, his back facing her pathway. She had a glorious view of his jean-clad tight rear.

Her heart dipped in disappointment. He hadn’t even noticed her.

Steeling her determination, Lindsey pressed on.

She blew on the top of the can, puffing away dust and trying to give her mind something to think of other than the gorgeous specimen now standing just to her right. Her hand dropped to her side, just as he took a half step back.

His fingers bumped into her pinkie, briefly curling around the digit in the gentlest of caresses. The shock of the connection coursed up her arm like a bolt of lightning. Lindsey fought not to react, to keep walking at a normal pace without breaking into a frenzied run.

Finally back with her friends, she released a pent up breath, her shoulders sagging in relief. “I did it. I walked past him, and didn’t jump him. I did good.”

No comments: