Friday, September 22, 2006

I have two deadlines I'm trying to meet with my writing right now. The first is November 1 when my Christmas story submission is due, if I want to be published with the other Christmas stories this year. And the other is December 31 for the Great American Romance contest. Neither deadline is impossible to meet BUT...I've been having difficulties this week with productivity. I did get my chapters outlined for the Christmas story and I wrote a few paragraphs for the GAR submission. But I've been so enthralled with season premieres and Dancing with the Stars that I haven't done much writing. When I'm home I can actually record my shows and watch them when I'm not supposed to be writing. Unfortunately I was working in Reno this week and don't think I set the DVR to record the shows.

I need to lock myself in my home office, turn on my writing music and just write. If I actually concentrate (and with no interruptions) I can write a chapter in just a few hours. But if there is visual stimulation anywhere (TV, beautiful scenery, anything visual) I keep losing focus. GRR.

Anyhoo...I'm off to catch a plane home and will hopefully get something on paper/screen on the flight. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Johanna, Good luck with your deadlines, I am sure you will come up with something terrific.... Hope all is well, things okay here. Well except Matthew doesn't want to meet the world just yet and I am soooo ready... We will keep you all informed.. Good luck with all the deadlines and work.. Chat with you soon... Nikki